RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies
ALL RECIPES (58 of 127)
Makes 4 servings.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 3/4 up CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound frozen calamari, thawed, cleaned
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- Fresh lemon wedges (optional)
- Marinara sauce (optional)
- PREHEAT oil in deep fryer or heavy saucepan to 360ºF. Combine Cream of Wheat, cheese and salt in shallow bowl; set aside.
- CUT tubes of calamari into 1/2-inch rings; remove long tentacles. Pat dry with paper towel. Toss rings and tentacles in cornstarch to evenly coat. Dip briefly into cold water, then toss in Cream of Wheat mixture to evenly coat.
- PLACE in hot oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until the rings begin to brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve warm with lemon wedges and warm marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Tip: These crunchy rings are addictive, but you can double this recipe so everyone has plenty to munch.