RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies
ALL RECIPES (56 of 127)
Makes 6 servings, 1 spiral each.
- 1 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1, 2-1/2 or 10-min cook time), uncooked, divided
- 1 packet yeast, fast-rising
- 2 tbls. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbls. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- MIX 1 cup of the flour, 1/2 cup of the cereal, undissolved yeast, cheese, sugar and salt in large bowl. Add hot water and 1 Tbsp. of the oil; mix well. Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make soft dough, stirring until well blended after each addition. (You may not need to add all of the remaining flour.)
- PLACE dough on floured surface. Knead 6 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic; cover. Let rise in warm place 20 minutes.
- DIVIDE dough into 6 equal pieces; shape each piece into 16-inch rope. Shape each rope into coil; place on greased baking sheet sprinkled with remaining 1 Tbsp. cereal. Cover. Let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- COOK garlic in remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in small skillet just until golden, stirring frequently. Brush 1 Tbsp. of the oil mixture onto tops of rolls; sprinkle with oregano.
- BAKE at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush rolls with remaining oil mixture. Serve warm.
- Substitute: Substitute dried basil leaves for oregano.
- Nutrition Bonus: Complement any meal with these versatile Focaccia Spirals. The grated parmesan cheese, garlic and oregano add just the right seasoning, and the CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal provides a good source of iron!