ALL RECIPES (55 of 127)
Double-Chocolate Pecan Brownies
Makes 9 brownies.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides of pan; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour, cocoa, Cream of Wheat and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- CREAM sugar and butter in large mixing bowl with electric mixer at medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- GRADUALLY add Cream of Wheat mixture; mix well. Spread batter evenly in pan, using spatula. Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans evenly over top.
- BAKE 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Lift brownies from pan using aluminum foil. Cool completely before cutting.
- Tip: For an even more decadent dessert, drizzle caramel sauce over the warm brownies and serve with mint chocolate chip ice cream.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies