ALL RECIPES (37 of 127)
Makes 4 servings.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/4 cups beer
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, cleaned, peeled, deveined
- Asian duck sauce or other dipping sauce (optional)
- PREHEAT oil in deep fryer or heavy saucepan to 360ºF. Combine beer, flour, Cream of Wheat, salt and paprika in medium bowl. Stir in 1 cup coconut; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes. Place remaining 1 cup coconut in shallow bowl.
- PLACE shrimp into batter; stir to coat. Remove shrimp individually; dip each shrimp into coconut, covering evenly. Fry shrimp in batches 4 minutes or until golden brown. (Cook larger shrimp 1 to 2 minutes longer if necessary.) Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with dipping sauce, if desired.
- Tip: Serve these delicious shrimp with a crispy Asian-style salad for a tasty meal. They also make great individual appetizers.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies