ALL RECIPES (30 of 127)
Makes 9 servings.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1, 2-1/2 or 10-min cook time), uncooked, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tbls. honey
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- GREASE 9-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of the cereal. Set aside.
- MIX remaining cereal, flour, baking powder and chili powder. Mix egg product, milk, honey and margarine in medium bowl until well blended. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in corn and cheese. Spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Cut into squares to serve.
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using drained canned corn with sweet peppers.
- Jazz It Up: For a spicier cornbread, prepare as directed using 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder.
- Nutrition Bonus: Treat your family to this great-tasting cornbread. The CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal provides a good source of iron.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies