ALL RECIPES (45 of 127)
CREAM OF WHEAT Dumplings
Makes 5 servings, two dumplings each.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, 1-min., 2-1/2 min. or 10-min. cook time), uncooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- COMBINE milk and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly until well blended. Reduce heat to medium; cook 1 to 2 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- ADD egg, margarine and parsley; mix well.
- DROP 10 heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into large pot of simmering soup or stew; cover. Cook 8 to 10 min. or until dumplings have doubled in size and are no longer doughy in centers.
- Note: To ensure light and fluffy dumplings, leave the pan covered until the cooking time is almost complete. Checking them too early can cause them to deflate.
- Jazz It Up: For a great soup to cook these dumplings in, cook and stir 1 to 2 cups chopped vegetables in 1 Tbsp. olive oil until vegetables are tender. Add 6 cups homemade or reduced-sodium canned broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat and add dumpling dough as directed.
- Nutrition Bonus: By adding these dumplings to your favorite soup or stew, you'll add a good source of iron, thanks to the CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies