RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies
ALL RECIPES (48 of 127)
CREAM OF WHEAT® Tabbouleh
Makes 12 (1/2-cup) servings.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (1, 2-1/2 or 10-min) uncooked CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- MIX bulgur wheat and 2 cups of the boiling water; let stand 1 hour.
- HEAT 1 Tbsp. of the oil in skillet; stir in cereal. Cook and stir on medium heat until lightly toasted. Reduce heat to low. Stir in remaining 1 cup boiling water; cover. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drain bulgur. Add to cereal mixture along with all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce-covered platter.
- Substitute: If fresh mint is unavailable, prepare as directed substituting 1 tsp. dried mint for the fresh mint.
- Storage Know-How: Place bunches of fresh herbs, stem sides down, in a glass of water. Cover loosely with a plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Nutrition Bonus: The CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal is a rich source of iron in this refreshing, very low sodium salad.