ALL RECIPES (46 of 127)
CREAM OF WHEAT® Pancakes
Makes 4 servings, about 2 (4-inch) pancakes each.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time)
- 2 tbls. sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsps. oil
- MIX flour, cereal, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside. Beat egg, milk and oil in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add flour mixture; beat until well blended. Let stand 5 min.
- LADLE batter onto hot nonstick griddle or skillet, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on tops, then turn over to brown other sides.
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using fat free milk.
- Jazz It Up: Serve pancakes topped with low-fat yogurt and your favorite cut-up fresh fruit.
- Jazz It Up: Stir 1 tsp. grated orange peel into the prepared batter before ladling onto griddle.
- Nutrition Bonus: Get your day off to a great start with these yummy pancakes. As a bonus, the CREAM OF WHEAT is high in iron.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies