ALL RECIPES (19 of 127)
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min. cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tbls. margarine or butter, divided
- 4 to 5 tbls. water, cold
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, shredded, or cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 8 ozs. sweet Italian turkey sausage, cooked, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, leaves
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- MIX flour, cereal and salt in large bowl. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in 5 Tbsp. of the margarine until mixture forms fine crumbs. Gradually add 4 Tbsp. of the water, stirring until mixture forms ball. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. water, if necessary for ball to stick together.
- ROLL pastry into 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry, allowing 1/2-inch overhang. Turn under edge; flute. Pierce pastry shell with fork. Bake at 450°F for 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. margarine in large skillet on medium heat. Add potatoes, green pepper, onion and sausage. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Pour into pastry shell.
- BEAT eggs, milk and thyme with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in cheese. Pour into pastry shell; stir gently until well blended.
- BAKE 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Make Ahead: Assemble and bake quiche as directed; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. To reheat before serving, uncover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies