ALL RECIPES (18 of 127)
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 teaspoon TRAPPEY'S Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 4 cups cubed bread stuffing (potato bread recommended)
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- BROWN sausage in skillet, pressing with fork or spatula to crumble as it cooks. Sprinkle on Italian seasoning and salt; set aside.
- COMBINE eggs, milk, Cream of Wheat and pepper sauce in large mixing bowl; mix well. Add cooked sausage and bread stuffing; toss to combine. Pour mixture into 13X9-inch casserole pan; cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Remove cover and sprinkle cheese over casserole. Cover pan with aluminum foil; bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer. Serve warm.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve this dish with a salad and some fresh fruit on holiday mornings or for a special brunch.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies