RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies
ALL RECIPES (14 of 127)
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef, for stew, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup CREAM OF RICE Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine, or burgundy
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Marjoram Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 8 ozs. mushrooms, halved
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Place meat and cereal in resealable plastic bag; seal bag, then shake gently until meat is evenly coated. Set aside. Heat 3 Tbsp. of the butter in large skillet. Add meat. Cook until browned, stirring frequently. Remove meat from skillet; place in 2-1/2- or 3-quart baking dish. Add onions; set aside.
- MELT remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in same skillet. Add garlic; cook and stir until lightly browned. Add broth, wine, 3 Tbsp. of the parsley, the salt, thyme, marjoram, pepper and bay leaf; mix well. Bring to boil. Pour over meat mixture; cover.
- BAKE 1 hour. Add carrots and mushrooms. Bake 45 minutes longer. Remove and discard bay leaf. Pipe or spoon potatoes over meat mixture. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. parsley.
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using frozen pearl onions.