ALL RECIPES (12 of 127)
Banana Streusel Loaf
Makes 12 servings.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg product
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium bananas, ripe, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour (plus as/if needed)
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min., 2-1/2-min. or 10-min. cook time) uncooked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Chocolate Chip Streusel, recipe follows
- BEAT sugar and margarine in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg product and vanilla; mix well. Stir in bananas.
- Mix flour, cereal and baking powder. Add to banana mixture; stir just until moistened. Pour into greased and floured 8x4-inch loaf pan; sprinkle with Chocolate Chip Streusel (see recipe below).
- BAKE at 350°F for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze, if desired.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 Tbsp. milk or water. If necessary, stir in additional 1 Tbsp. milk until glaze is of desired consistency.
- Storage Know-How: Peel, mash and freeze extra overripe bananas in 1-cup portions in airtight containers. Thaw and use later in baked goods.
- Nutrition Bonus: This moist-and-flavorful quick bread, made with better-for-you ingredients, can be a delicious addition to your healthful eating plan.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies