ALL RECIPES (2 of 127)
- 1 cup 8 oz. Pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup 4 oz. sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tsps. cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 qrts. 1 lb. + 6 oz. Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup CREAM OF WHEAT - Regular, uncooked, divided
- 1 cup 5 oz. Pomegranate arils
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbls. butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbls. apple juice
- MIX pomegranate juice and 3/4 cup of the sugar (or 1/4 cup of the sugar for trial recipe) in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Add cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. of the cinnamon (or 1 tsp. of the cinnamon for trial recipe); beat with wire whisk until well blended. Cook 5 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- TOSS apples with 6 Tbsp. of the dry cereal (or 2 Tbsp. of the cereal for trial recipe). Portion about 3 oz. of the apple mixture into each of 24 (8-oz.) ovenproof bowls (or eight bowls for trial recipe). Top each with 2 Tbsp. pomegranate arils and 2 Tbsp. prepared sauce; set aside.
- COMBINE flour, salt, remaining 3/4 cup sugar (or remaining 1/4 cup sugar for trial recipe), the dry cereal and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in apple juice until well blended. Sprinkle about 2 Tbsp. of the crumb mixture over apple mixture in each bowl.
- BAKE in 300ºF-convection oven 25 min. or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
- Jazz It Up: Serve topped with a scoop of frozen low-fat yogurt.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies