ALL RECIPES (4 of 127)
Apple Breakfast Kuchen
Makes 16 servings.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT - Regular, (1-min., 2-1/2-min. or 10-min. cook time), uncooked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups apples, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat brown sugar and oil with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour, cereal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, eggs and milk; beat on medium speed 1 min. Stir in apples.
- SPREAD batter in greased 9-inch round cake pan; sprinkle evenly with Crumb Topping (see recipe).
- BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled.
- Food Facts: The following apple varieties are suitable for baking-Granny Smith, Winesap, Cortland and Jonathan.
- Jazz It Up: To add a simple powdered sugar glaze, mix 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk until well blended. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set. Makes 2/3 cup or 12 servings, about 1 Tbsp. each.
- Nutrition Bonus: Tempt your taste buds with this delicious dessert. Since it's made with better-for-you products, it can easily fit into a healthful eating plan.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies