healthy RECIPES (16 of 26)
Hummus with Garlic Pita Chips
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons POLANER Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 2 tablespoons tahini*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Garlic Pita Chips
- 2 tablespoons CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 pita breads
- Nonstick cooking spray
- *Tahini is a thick, mild-flavored, light-colored paste made from ground sesame seeds and used in Middle Eastern dishes. It can usually be found in the supermarket ethnic foods aisle.
- PLACE garlic in food processor; pulse several times. Add cilantro, chickpeas, Cream of Wheat, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pulse several more times. While food processor is running, slowly pour in olive oil until dip thickens.
- PREPARE pita chips. Preheat oven to 350(o)F. Combine Cream of Wheat and garlic salt in small bowl; set aside.
- CUT pita breads into 12 wedges each. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Spray generously with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle Cream of Wheat mixture onto chips. Bake 6 minutes. Turn chips over; bake 6 minutes longer. Serve with hummus.
- Tip: Hummus makes a great spread. Add to sandwiches, pita breads or wraps stuffed with fresh vegetables.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies