healthy RECIPES (7 of 26)
Cranberry Crumb Coffee Cake
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time), uncooked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Powdered Sugar Glaze (recipe follows), optional
- MIX flour, cereal, baking powder and cinnamon.
- BEAT sugar and margarine in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Blend in egg product. Add flour mixture alternately with combined milk and apple juice, mixing after each addition until well blended. Gently stir in cranberries.
- Spread batter into greased 9-inch round pan; top with Cinnamon Crumb Topping.
- BAKE at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cooled drizzled with Powdered Sugar Glaze.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar w 1 Tbsp. milk or water. If necessary, stir in additional 1 Tbsp milk until glaze is of desired consistency.
- Use Your Microwave: To quickly soften margarine, cut stick into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on microwavable plate. Microwave on Medium-Low (30%) for 20 seconds or just until softened.
- Nutrition Bonus: Bursting with the irresistible tartness of frozen cranberries, this flavorful coffee cake is made with better-for-you ingredients to fit into your healthful eating plan.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies