healthy RECIPES (9 of 26)
CREAM OF WHEAT® Pancakes (with mix)
Makes 3 servings, 2 pancakes each.
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tsps. oil
- 1/2 cup pancake and waffle mix
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min., 2-1/2 min. or 10-min. cook time), uncooked
- BEAT egg, milk and oil in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add pancake mix and cereal; stir just until moistened.
- LADLE batter onto hot greased griddle or into hot greased skillet, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on tops, then turn to brown other sides.
- Jazz It Up: Top pancakes evenly with 1-1/2 cups cut-up fresh fruit and 1 container (8 oz.) of your favorite flavor of lowfat yogurt mixed with 1 Tbsp. honey.
- Nutrition Bonus: Start your day with these yummy pancakes. The CREAM OF WHEAT is not only high in iron but also provides calcium.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies