dessert RECIPES (48 of 50)
Strawberry Pecan Jumbles
Makes 18 bars.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Hot Cereal (Instant, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup POLANER All Fruit Strawberry Fruit Spread
- PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- BLEND flour, Cream of Wheat, pecans, sugar and baking powder in large bowl. Stir in butter, egg and vanilla until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture.
- PRESS remaining Cream of Wheat mixture on bottom of prepared baking pan. Smooth fruit spread evenly over bottom; crumble reserved mixture over fruit spread.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies