dessert RECIPES (44 of 50)
Pineapple-Carrot Snacking Cake
Makes 9 servings, one square each.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbls. butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time), uncooked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat egg product, brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add yogurt; mix well. Combine flour, dry cereal, baking powder and cinnamon. Add half of the flour mixture to yogurt mixture; beat until well blended. Add pineapple; mix well. Add remaining flour mixture, the carrots and raisins; beat until well blended.
- POUR into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- BAKE 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into nine squares to serve.
- Jazz It Up: For a quick-and-easy frosting, beat 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) softened Neufchatel cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans.
- Substitute: Substitute dried cranberries for the raisins.
- Jazz It Up: Sprinkle cooled cake lightly with powdered sugar just before serving.
- Nutrition Bonus:
Enjoy! This moist cake is made with carrots, which are rich in vitamin A, and CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, a good source of iron.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies