dessert RECIPES (43 of 50)
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Bars
Makes 16 servings, 1 bar each.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbls. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cereal and baking soda; set aside.
- BEAT butter, peanut butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread evenly into lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into 16 bars to serve. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- Substitute: Substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies