dessert RECIPES (14 of 50)
Carrot-Raisin Spice Cookies
Makes 20 servings, 3 cookies each.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT - Regular, (1-minute, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time) uncooked
- 1 1/2 tsps. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg produc
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, finely chopped
- MIX flour, cereal, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; set aside.
- BEAT butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg product and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until well blended. Stir in carrots, raisins and walnuts; let stand 10 minutes.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto parchment paper-covered or nonstick baking sheets.
- BAKE at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Jazz It Up: Prepare and cool muffins as directed. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 Tbsp. milk or water. If necessary, stir in additional 1 Tbsp. milk until glaze is of desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
- Substitute: Substitute dried cranberries for raisins.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies