dessert RECIPES (12 of 50)
Makes 12 servings.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min., 2-1/2-min. or 10-min. cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tbls. oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbls. apple juice
- MIX flour, cereal, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- BEAT egg, milk, oil and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon evenly into 12 greased 2-1/2-inch muffin pans, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- BAKE at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from pan.
- BRUSH tops of warm muffins with apple juice; roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Serve warm.
- Substitute: Substitute 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product for the egg.
- Nutrition Bonus: Low in fat, cholesterol and sodium, these yummy muffins are a nutritious way to start your day.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies