dessert RECIPES (6 of 50)
Baked Caramel Rice Custard
Makes 8 servings.
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF RICE Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- BRING milk just to boil in medium saucepan. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly.
- COOK and stir on medium heat 1 minute. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 4 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- MIX eggs and 1/3 cup of the sugar until well blended. Add to cereal mixture; mix well. Set aside.
- COOK remaining 2/3 cup sugar in medium saucepan on medium heat until melted and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Immediately pour into 1-1/2-quart baking dish, tilting dish to evenly coat bottom and side of dish. Pour cereal mixture into prepared dish. Place in 13x9-inch baking pan; carefully add 2 cups hot water to baking pan.
- BAKE at 325°F for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Unmold onto serving plate.
- How to Unmold: Run small knife around edge of pudding in dish. Invert onto serving plate. Let stand at least 30 seconds or until pudding releases onto plate
- Jazz It Up: Pudding can be served cold. After cooling, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled. Unmold as directed and serve.
- Nutrition Bonus: For a satisfying finish to any meal, indulge in this creamy custard. The milk provides a good source of calcium.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies