dessert RECIPES (1 of 50)
Apple Cranberry Crumble
Serve this apple crumble warm from the oven topped with frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream. Makes: 12 servings.
- 6 large apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ¼ cups Cream of Wheat Maple Brown Sugar Hot Cereal, divided
- 7 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate or baking dish with Bakers Joy non-stick spray with flour; set aside.
- Toss apples and cranberries with ¼ cup Cream of Wheat. Arrange in prepared dish. Cut 1 tablespoon butter into small pieces and arrange over apples.
- In medium bowl, cut remaining butter into remaining Cream of Wheat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts.
- Evenly sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies