breakfast RECIPES (39 of 44)
Makes 24 servings, 1 bar each.
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, 1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time, uncooked
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar Glaze (recipe follows), optional
- MIX flour, cereal, baking powder and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- BEAT brown sugar and margarine in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Add 1/2 cup of the chopped walnuts and raisins. Spread mixture in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- BAKE at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze. Cut into bars.
- Substitute: Substitute pecans for walnuts.
- Nutrition Bonus: Serve these Raisin-Nut Bars for a satisfying low sodium snack.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies