breakfast RECIPES (24 of 44)
Crispy Raisin Bread French Toast
Makes 6 servings.
- 3/4 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal,(1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time) uncooked
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 slices raisin bread, day old, halved
- 2 tbls. butter or margarine, divided
- 3/4 cup maple flavored syrup, or pancake syrup
- MIX cereal, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- BEAT eggs and milk with wire whisk in shallow bowl until well blended. Dip bread into egg mixture, then into cereal mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of bread halves.
- MELT 1 Tbsp. of the butter in large skillet or griddle on medium heat. Add 6 of the bread halves; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat; keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and bread halves. Serve warm with syrup.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve this entree with a fresh fruit salad.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies