breakfast RECIPES (11 of 44)
Buttermilk Pecan Griddle Cakes
Makes 1 dozen.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT - Regular
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tbls. sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large eggs, separated
- MIX flour, cereal, pecans, sugar and baking soda in large bowl until well blended; set aside.
- MIX buttermilk, oil and egg yolks in separate bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; mix well.
- PLACE egg whites in small bowl of electric mixer fitted with wire whip attachment; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- POUR batter onto hot griddle, using #20 scoop. Cook 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top. Turn to brown other side.
- TIP: Batter can be stored in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 4 hours.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies