breakfast RECIPES (8 of 44)
Blueberry-Walnut Crumb Muffins
Makes 20 muffins or 20 servings, 1 muffin each.
- 3 3/4 cups flour, divided
- 1 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min., 2-1/2 min. or 10-min. cook time) uncooked
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed, divided
- 1 3/4 tsps. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 14 tbls. butter or margarine, cold, divided
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/2 cup Blueberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- PREAHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix 3/4 cup of the flour, the cereal, 1/3 cup of the brown sugar, 3/4 tsp. of the cinnamon and the nutmeg in large bowl. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in 6 Tbsp. of the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- MIX remaining 3 cups flour, remaining 1 cup brown sugar, remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon and the baking powder in large bowl; set aside. Melt remaining 8 Tbsp. butter. Place in small bowl. Add milk and egg product; beat with wire whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Add blueberries and walnuts; stir just until evenly distributed. Spoon evenly into 20 greased medium muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle with the crumb mixture.
- BAKE 20 to 24 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min.; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Substitute: Substitute 1 cup thawed frozen blueberries for the fresh blueberries.
RECIPES CALLING FOR GRANDMA'S
Cream of Wheat is the perfect ingredient for boosting the nutritional value of meals and snacks. Find easy recipes and ideas for healthier eating that taste delicious.
Use our share buttons to pass your favorite recipes along to friends and family!
THE CHEF'S TOP 5 RECIPES
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins
- Breakfast Bake
- Chicken Parmesan
- Fudge Brownies